BorgWarner EFR 9180 Turbo (12919097001)
The EFR9180 is BorgWarner’s answer to the goal of a 1000hp capable turbo with unparalleled spool and response. Winning races is the purpose of this turbo. Honda’s Indycar Team, 3x World Time Attack Champions Tilton Racing, 2012 WTAC champs Nemo-Racing, FXMD NSX and many more – this turbo redefines what 67mm turbos are capable of.
EFR 9180 is the biggest, baddest, highest flowing turbo in the EFR family. Capable of a remarkable 94lb/min airflow and stable at high boost levels, the 91mm OD compressor measures 67.7mm inducer and is a 7 blade extended-tip FMW compressor wheel design. Utilizing the identical design and material turbine and compressor wheels as Honda’s IndyCar 2.2L single turbo engines, EFR9180 is ideal for use as single turbo applications in the 700-1000hp per turbo range, or as very high power twin turbo applications >1000-1700+hp. Available with .83 a/r (undivided T3 IWG) or 1.05 a/r and 1.45 a/r divided twinscroll T4 housings (external WG). Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling optional (recommended)
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 67.7mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
Compressor Housing Connections:
- Inlet: 4″ Ported Shroud Hose Coupler
- Outlet: 2.5″ Hose Coupler w/ integrated Vband option
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 80mm
- Stainless Steel Turbine Housing
- Turbine outlet: GT V-Band (aka small 3″ vband) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos